Thy Work, Lord Jesus
Franz Joseph Haydn
A. H. M.
Verse 3 authored by Fel. Zaremba (1794-1874)
It is Thy work, Lord Jesus Christ,
Which giveth us our life.
Our hopes do unto Thee arise
Through earthly toil and strife.
As grains of wheat sown in the earth,
Before the fruitful growth springs forth,
Must die that they may quickened be;
Our will must die, it is the key
To live in Thee, From selfwill thus set free.
O, Jesus, Thou our head, didst go
Through deepest suff'ring here.
So when our lives on earth below
Be led on pathways drear,
We'll follow Thee alone each day.
Help us, that we may never stray.
As Thou didst travel long ago,
Through darkest valleys here below To Heaven's light.
Through night to Heaven's light.
O, Jesus, Thou, as wheat, didst die
New life in us to raise.
Revive in us the Fount of Life
Until we see Thy face.
Send forth Thy Word to all mankind;
O may lost souls salvation find;
And trusting Thy good Word alone,
May we, Thy flock, as grain be sown,
And fruitful be,
In service, Lord, to Thee.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)