Come, O Come, Thou Quickening Spirit
Johann Christoph Bach
A. H. M.
Translated by Charles W. Schaeffer, 1866, alt.
Text from Romans 8:15
Hermannburg. 8. 7. 8. 7. 7. 7.
Come, O come, Thou quick'ning Spirit,
Who forever art divine;
Let Thy power never fail us,
Deign within our hearts to shine.
Thus will grace and truth and light
Banish all the gloom of night.
Grant our hearts in fullest measure
Wisdom, counsel, purity,
That we ever may be seeking
Only that which pleaseth Thee.
Let Thy knowledge spread and grow,
Working error's overthrow.
Holy Spirit, strong and mighty,
Thou who makest all things new,
Make Thy work within us perfect,
Help us by Thy Word so true.
Arm us with that trusty sword,
Strength to conquer thus afford.
In the faith make Thou us steadfast,
Let not Satan, death nor shame
Of our confidence deprive us;
Lord, our refuge is Thy name.
When the flesh inclines to ill,
Let Thy Word prove stronger still.
When the hour of death approaches,
Let our hopes grow yet more bright,
For we are the heirs of Heaven;
In Thy glorious courts of light.
Fairer far than voice can tell,
May we ever with Thee dwell.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)