Come, Ye Faithful Raise The Strain
John of Damascus
Arthur Seymour Sullivan
A. H. M.
Tr. by John Mason Neale, 1850 (1818-1866)
ST. KEVIN. 7. 6. 7. 6. D.
Text from Exodus 15:1-21
Come, ye faithful, raise the strain
Of triumphant gladness;
God hath brought His people forth
Into joy from sadness.
Now rejoice, Jerusalem,
And with true affection
Welcome in unwearied strains
'Tis the spring of souls today:
Christ hath burst His prison,
From the frost and gloom of death
Light and life have risen.
All the winter of our sins,
Long and dark, is flying
From His light, to whom we give
Thanks and praise undying.
"Alleluia!" now we cry
To our King Immortal,
Who, triumphant, burst the bars
Of the tomb's dark portal;
"Alleluia!" with the Son,
God, the Father praising;
"Alleluia!" yet again
To the Spirit raising.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)