George C. Stebbins
A. H. M.
EVENING PRAYER. 8. 7. 8. 7.
Text from Psalm 91:5
Savior, breathe an evening blessing,
Ere repose our spirits seal:
Sin and want we come confessing,
Thou canst save, and Thou canst heal.
Tho' destruction walk around us,
Tho' the arrows past us fly;
Angel-guards from Thee surround us,
We are safe if Thou art nigh.
Tho' the night be dark and dreary,
Darkness cannot hide from Thee;
Thou art He who, never weary,
Watchest where Thy people by.
Should swift death this night o'ertake us,
And our couch become our tomb,
May the morn in heav'n awake us,
Clad in light and deathless bloom.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)