From Heaven Above To Earth
A. H. M.
From "V. Shumann's Geistliche Lieder, 1539"
Translated by Catherine Winkworth (1829-1878) in 1855.
Von Himmel Hoch. L. M.
Text from St. Luke 2:1-18
From heav'n above to earth I come
To bear good news to every home;
Glad tidings of great joy I bring,
Whereof I now will say and sing:
To you this night is born a child
Of Mary, chosen mother mild;
This little child, of lowly birth,
Shall be the joy of all your earth.
Now let us all with gladsome cheer
Follow the shepherds and draw near
To see this wondrous gift of God,
Who hath His only Son bestowed.
Welcome to earth, Thou noble Guest,
Through whom e'en wicked men are blest!
Thou com'st to share our misery;
What can we render, Lord, to Thee?
My heart for very joy doth leap,
My lips no more can silence keep;
I, too, must raise with joyful tongue
That sweetest ancient cradlesong:
Glory to God in highest heav'n,
Who unto us His Son hath giv'n!
While angels sing with joyful mirth
A glad new year to all the earth.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)