A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: 39, 40
Jesus, Thou alone canst govern
Thy assembly as its sov'reign,
Bless me then, Thy humble child!
O, infuse in me new merit
To obey Thy Holy Spirit;
Strengthen me with blessings mild!
Share Thy grace and heav'nly blessing
To Thy members, thus impressing
Each, Lord, with Thy Spirit's call.
Scattered over all creation,
And in ev'ry clime and nation,
Thou dost know them one and all.
Lord, I love Thy children dearly;
All who follow Thee sincerely,
They are precious to my heart!
Thou know'st how my soul rejoices,
Meeting those whose hearts and voices
Are with Thee in one accord!
I embrace, O Lord, thy servants,
Joined to them in love so fervent,
Asking, Lord, that from Thy face
They receive a thousand blessings;
In Thy ways, Thy strength possessing,
Lead them in Thy light and grace.
From the world Thine own deliver,
And let Satan soon forever
Wholly 'neath their feet be trod!
By Thy Spirit in them dwelling,
Earthly lust and nature quelling,
Be their only joy, O God!
Those who sorrow's cross do carry,
Strengthen so they do not tarry,
They to Thee their souls confide.
Purge them; make them ever purer,
Yet more humble, and yet surer,
That in Thee they may abide.
Let Thy children, while here stationed,
After Thine own heart be fashioned,
Beautiful for piety;
Quiet, set apart, and lowly,
Upright, as Thy will most holy,
And as Thou wouldst have them be!
Look upon with special favor,
Those who ask of me, O Saviour,
That for them my prayers may rise;
To Thy mercy I commend them;
To each one such blessing send them
As they need; for Thou art wise.
Visit in their hour of sadness
All their hearts; may they find gladness
When Thy face alone they see.
Draw, with love's divine attraction,
All their joy and satisfaction
Into union close with Thee!
On the cross hast Thou, Lord, suffered,
Full redemption to us offered;
For our sins didst Thou atone!
Hold us fast while we are living,
And here in this desert grieving;
Leave us nevermore alone!
Till above Thy saints shall gather
In the mansion of the Father,
Free from every spot and stain.
Thy eternal throne erected,
Thy likeness in us reflected,
Ever with Thee to remain.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)