Jesus, The Very Thought Of Thee
Bernard of Clairvaux
John Bacchus Dykes
A. H. M.
Translated by Edward Caswall, 1849 (1814 - 1878)
St. Agnes C. M.
Iesu dulcia memoria
Text from Song of Solomon 1:3, 4
Jesus, the very thought of thee
With sweetness fills my breast;
But sweeter far Thy face to see
And in Thy presence rest.
No voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the memory find
A sweeter sound than Thy blest name
O Saviour of mankind!
O Hope of ev'ry contrite heart,
O Joy of all the meek!
To those who ask, how kind Thou art,
How good to those who seek!
But what to those who find? Ah! this
No tongue nor pen can show;
The love of Jesus, what it is,
None but His loved ones know.
Jesus, our only Joy be Thou
As Thou our Prize wilt be!
Jesus, be Thou our Glory now
And through eternity.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)