Jesus, The Very Thought Of Thee (Towner)
Bernard of Clairvaux
Daniel Brink Towner
Translated by Edward Caswall, 1849
St. Agnes C. M.
Iesu dulcia memoria
Text from Song of Solomon 1:3, 4
Jesus, the very thought of thee
With gladness fills my breast;
But sweeter far Thy face to see
And in Thy presence rest.
Nor voice can sing; nor heart can frame,
Nor can the mem'ry find
A sweeter sound than Thy blest name,
O Saviour of mankind!
O Hope of ev'ry contrite heart,
O Joy of all the meek!
To those who ask, how kind Thou art,
How good to those who seek!
And those who find Thee, find a bliss
Nor tongue nor pen can show;
The love of Jesus— what it is,
None but His loved ones know.
Jesus, our only Joy be Thou!
As Thou our Prize wilt be;
Jesus, be Thou our Glory now
And thro' eternity.
O Jesus, Jesus, Saviour, Friend,
Thou Lamb for sinners slain;
Thy matchless kingdom ne'er shall end,
Forever Thou shalt reign.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)