O Thou To Whose
Count Nikolaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf
A. H. M.
Translated by John Wesley, 1703-1791
STONEFIELD L. M.
O, Thou, to whose all-searching sight
The darkness shineth as the light,
Search, prove my heart, it pants for Thee;
O, burst these bonds, and set it free.
Wash out its stains, refine its dross,
Nail my affections to the cross;
Hallow each thought; let all within
Be clean, as Thou, my Lord, art clean.
If in this darksome wild I stray,
Be Thou my Light, be Thou my Way;
No foes, no violence I fear,
No fraud, while Thou, my God, art near.
When rising floods my soul o'erflow,
When sinks my heart in waves of woe,
Jesus, Thy timely aid impart,
And raise my head, and cheer my heart.
Saviour, wheree'er Thy steps I see,
Dauntless, untired, I follow Thee;
O let Thy hand support me still,
And lead me to Thy holy hill.
If rough and thorny be the way,
My strength proportion to my day;
Till toil, and grief, and pain shall cease,
Where all is calm, and joy, and peace.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)