One Thought I Have, My Ample Creed
Frederick L. Hosmer
A. H. M.
From Harmonia Hymnorum Scholae Gorlicensis, 1599
One thought I have, my ample creed,
So deep it is and broad,
And equal to my ev'ry need—
It is the thought of God.
Each morn unfolds some fresh surprise,
I feast at life's full board;
And rising in my inner skies
Shines forth the thought of God.
At night, my gladness is my pray'r;
I drop my daily load,
and ev'ry care is pillowed there
Upon the thought of God.
I ask not far before to see,
But take in trust my road;
Life, death, and immortality
Are in the thought of God.
Be still the light upon my way,
My pilgrim staff and rod,
My rest by night, my strength by day,
O, blessed thought of God.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)