Stars Of The Morning
Joseph of the Studium
Henry Thomas Smart
A. H. M.
Translated by John Mason Neale, 1862 alt.
Text from Job 38:7
Trisagion 10. 10. 10. 10. (Iambic)
Stars of the morning, so gloriously bright,
Filled with celestial resplendence and light,
Dwelling where night never followeth day,
Raise the Thrice Holy Lord! ever and aye.
These are Thy ministers; these dost Thou own,
Lord God of Sabaoth, nearest Thy throne.
These are Thy messengers; these dost Thou send,
Help of the helpless ones, man to defend.
Still let them stand by our side in the fight,
Lord of angelic hosts, battling for right:
Till, where their anthems they ceaselessly pour,
We with the angels may bow and adore.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)