The City Of Dreams
Jessie Brown Pounds
Charles H. Gabriel
A. H. M.
There's a City of Dreams, thro' the mist sends its gleams
Of sapphire and jasper and gold,
And they fall thro' the gray o'er a travel-worn way,
In beauty that cannot be told.
There are times when it seems this fair City of Dreams,
So close that its song I can hear;
And the things of my sight seem to fade into night,
As visions of glory appear.
O my soul, be thou strong, for the way is not long,
I follow the beckoning gleams,
For the way is not long as I list the the song,
And press tow'rd the City of Dreams.
O the City of Dreams that so near to me seems,
Where rest comes when toiling is done!
O the City four-square, beyond earthly compare,
The City that needs not the sun!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)