The Day Of Resurrection
John of Damascus
Henry Thomas Smart
A. H. M.
Translated by John Mason Neale, 1863 (1818-1866), alt.
text from Psalm 118:15
Lancashire 7. 6. 7. 6. D.
The day of Resurrection,
Earth, tell it out abroad,
The passover of gladness,
The passover of God.
From death to life eternal,
From this world to the sky,
Our Christ hath bro't us over
With hymns of victory.
Our hearts be pure from evil,
That we may see aright
The Lord in rays eternal
And, list'ning to His accents,
May hear, so calm and plain,
His own 'All hail!' and, hearing,
May raise the victor strain.
Now let the heav'ns be joyful,
Let earth her song begin,
Let the round world keep triumph
And all that is therein,
Invisible and visible,
Their notes let all things blend;
For Christ, the Lord, hath risen,
Our Joy that hath no end.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)