The Haven Of Rest
H. L. Gilmour
George D. Moore
A. H. M.
My soul in sad exile was out on life's sea,
So burdened with sin and distressed,
Till I heard a sweet voice saying, "Make Me your choice;"
And I entered the "Haven of Rest."
I yielded myself to His tender embrace,
And faith taking hold of the Word,
My fetters fell off, and I anchored my soul;
The "Haven of Rest" is my Lord.
The song of my soul, since the Lord made me whole,
Has been the old story so blest,
Of Jesus who'll save whosoever will have
A home in the "Haven of Rest."
How precious the tho't that we all may recline,
Like John the beloved and blest,
On Jesus' strong arm, where no tempest can harm,
Secure in the "Haven of Rest."
O come to the Savior, He patiently waits
To save by His power divine;
Come anchor your soul in the "Haven of Rest,"
And say, "My Beloved is mine."
I've anchored my soul in the "Haven of Rest,"
I'll sail the wide seas no more;
The tempest may beat o'er the wild stormy deep;
In Jesus I'm safe evermore.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)