The Inner Life Of A Christian (ZH 58)
Christian F. Richter
A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: None
The innermost life of the true Christian shineth
Though outwardly darkened by trials at hand;
What they have received of the kingdom of heaven
Noone but themselves can in truth understand.
What no one perceiveth, what no one receiveth
Hath filled and enlightened their mind and their spirit,
And led them to heavenly honor and merit.
In outward appearance they have no attraction,
A sight for the angels, despised by the world;
But in their hearts dwelleth a lovely collection
Of treasures to garnish the crown of the Lord.
The wonder of ages, their true heart engages
To love and adore their great King in His brightness
And greet Him at last in their garments of whiteness.
Though outwardly they all in Adam are brothers,
Who carry his likeness by nature indeed;
They suffer the illness of flesh as all others;
They eat and they drink, as they daily have need;
In each undertaking, in sleeping and waking,
They do as all others, and nothing neglecting
Save that the world's folly they all are rejecting.
In spirit their birth is of godly descension,
For God by His mighty Word brought them to life;
A spark of the flame from the heavenly mansion
Is nourished and in their hearts e'er kept alive.
And when they are voicing their songs of rejoicing
It penetrates where the bright angels are singing,
And joins with their praise, in eternity ringing.
They walk on the earth, but their life is in heaven.
They are without power, and yet shield the world;
'Mid turmoil of earth they have peace and are given,
Though poor and rejected, what they may desire.
They stand in affliction, yet full of affection;
Are dead to all outward enjoyment and pleasure,
They're tasting the fruits of their faith in rich measure.
When Jesus, their life, is at last manifested;
When He shall appear with His banner unfurled;
Then they will as angels and saints, unmolested,
Appear as a miracle unto the world.
They never shall perish, but govern and flourish;
In crowns and in garments of heavenly merit
The new earth and heaven forever inherit.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)