The Way-Side Cross
C. L. St. John
Horatio Richmond Palmer
"Which way shall I take?" shouts a voice on the night,
"I'm a pilgrim awearied, and spent is my light;
And I seek for a palace, that rests on the hill,
But between us, a stream lieth sullen and chill."
"Which way shall I take for the bright golden span
That bridges the waters so safely for man?
To the right? to the left? ah me! if I knew,
The night is so dark, and the passers so few."
"See the lights from the palace in silvery lines
How they pencil the hedges and fruitladen vines,
My fortune! my all! for one tangled gleam
That sifts thro' the lilies, and wastes on the stream."
Near, near thee, my son, is the old wayside cross,
Like a gray friar cowl'd in lichens and moss;
And its crossbeam will point to the bright, golden span
That bridges the waters so safely for man.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)