Behold, A Stranger At The Door
William Batchelder Bradbury
Text from Revelation 3:20
Behold a stranger at the door;
He gently knocks, has knock'd before;
Hath waited long, is waiting still:
You treat no other friend so ill.
Oh, lovely attitude! He stands
With melting heart and loaded hands:
Oh, matchless kindness! and He shows
This matchless kindness to His foes!
But will He prove a Friend indeed?
He will; the very Friend you need;
The Friend of sinners– yes, 'tis He,
With garments dyed on Calvary.
Rise, touch'd with gratitude divine;
Turn out His enemy and thine,
That soul-destroying monster, sin,
And let the heav'nly Stranger in.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)