The Way And The Reward
George Michael Mangold
V. Shumann's Geistliche Lieder
A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: 55, 109, 153, 177
Two ways, O man, are there for thee;
There are two destinations.
Upon the path to heav'n we bear
The cross and tribulations.
The other path with joy abounds,
And yet no inward peace is found;
It leads thee to destruction.
Eternity is drawing near;
O, seek your soul's salvation!
Upon the narrow path of life
There's mercy and protection.
Eternal is the great reward,
If on the pathway of the Lord
You fear not the afflictions.
If on the path you do remain
Where sin the mortals cherish,
And God's rich mercy you disdain,
Your hopes will surely perish.
Woe unto you, if here you stay,
With unbelieving heart obey
The pow'r of sin and darkness.
O, why not turn, and heed the call,
And come in true submission!
His pardon's free to one and all;
In Him you'll find remission.
For you have lived, whoe'er you be,
In worldly thought and vanity,
Which lead into perdition.
In God's good word you'll surely find
The way to life immortal.
Through Jesus' death the pathway leads
To heaven's open portal.
Upon the cross His life He gave,
And triumphed over death and grave;
He bore your soul's transgressions.
If thou wouldst own the gift of grace
And heaven's joy inherit,
Then walk by faith before His face,
Led by the Lord's own Spirit.
Thou must with Christ be crucified,
And all thy sins and all thy pride
Upon His cross must perish.
In true repentance, die to sin,
In Jesus' name believing!
Baptized into His death with Him,
Full pardon be receiving!
Who dies with Christ will with Him rise,
A new life's way before him lies,
The road of life with Jesus.
His way at first may seem too hard,
Too steep, and full of sorrow;
Yet peace e'en now is its reward,
And bliss in God's tomorrow.
Who through the narrow gate doth press,
An inner peace will he possess,
And very joy in living.
The broader way at first may seem
As through a pleasant pasture,
But in its path great dangers teem;
It ends in dark disaster.
In righteous anger God will cast
Into great agony at last
The unrepentant sinner.
Therefore, O soul, consider well
What there shall be your portion,
And choose while yet you live on earth
The way of full salvation!
If in the Lord your hopes do rest,
Then with this treasure you are blest.
Woe to the unbelievers!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)