The Field And The Fruit
A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: 55, 106, 109, 153
Consider, man, that heart of thine,
Thy life and deeds beholding.
Do thorns there grow, or fruits divine?
Are weeds therein residing?
The fruits will truly manifest
What seeds have in thy heart been cast,
If God's or the destroyer's.
Is now thy heart an open way
Of wide and broad dimensions
From which those evil birds of prey
Can rob all good intentions?
O, be sincere! It is no jest;
If thorns and weeds thy heart infest,
Then sad is thy condition!
No life and grace canst thou obtain
Thy soul to feed and nourish,
If thus o'er-trodden and destroyed
This precious seed shall perish.
Or if that seed but reach the ear
And not thy heart, there is great fear
This seed shall be unfruitful.
And though thy heart is dull and cold
From sinfulness so hardened,
Wherein that seed cannot take hold,
And cannot thus be strengthened.
'Tis true upon a stony heart
That seed cannot take root and start,
And therefore it must perish.
Until thy heart is broken down
And through God's word made tender,
The seed, which thereupon is sown,
Can find no place to enter.
Oh, lose no time, but now repent!
Have faith that God His grace will lend,
And thou wilt surely conquer!
Or is it only thoughts of greed,
Of wealth and earthly splendor
That fill thy heart so that this seed
Can find no place to enter?
Oh, man, take heed! If that be so,
Then in thy heart no fruits will grow
That lead to life eternal.
A heart that's always on the chase
For wealth and riches striving,
Will have no welcome and no space
For this good seed reviving,
Or lovest thou but vain display,
Which soon will fade and pass away,
And leave thy soul no shelter?
But still they're some found here below
Whose hearts like fields are fruitful,
Wherein that seed will start and grow
In hearts upright and truthful.
The seeds which in these hearts are sown
Will thrive until good fruit is grown;
They are the true believers.
He who has ears, Oh, let him hear
And give it due reflection,
For while this day of grace is near
Seek for thy soul protection!
O, pray that while this day does last
Good seeds into thy heart be cast
And that they grow and prosper!
Oh, my Lord Jesus, Thee I pray,
My heart for Thee make useful;
And for Thy seed prepare the way.
Grant that it may be fruitful!
Yea, fruits of virtue, grace and love,
That follow me to heav'n above --
For this, O Lord, I pray Thee!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)