Jesus, The Crucified
A. H. M.
From the Heft
Upward soar, my soul and spirit,
This great miracle behold;
See the King of highest merit
On the cross so bare and cold!
His compassion bro't salvation
While He died in love untold.
That your Saviour loves you dearly
He upon the cross has proved,
Where in torments most severely
He from God was far removed.
In His anguish, He must languish
For the sinful men He loved.
These, the fruits of our transgression,
Torture Thee, O Saviour dear,
While this wrathful condemnation
We deserved as sinners here.
These afflictions and convictions
We unworthy ones should bear.
Thus for me, a sinful creature,
Jesus, Thou hast suffered death.
Giving for Thy foe's redemption
Thy heart's precious blood and breath!
Hushed I tremble, Meek and humble
For the gift Thou didst bequeath.
Draw thro' Thy death's pow'r and healing
Me, dear Saviour, to Thy side!
Let my flesh and all its dealing,
With Thee, Lord, be crucified!
In submission, my ambition
And my love be purified!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)