The Home Of The Soul
Gustav Friedrich Ludwig Knak
A. H. M.
Lyrics: circa 1850
O where is the home of the soul to be found!
Who knows its true shelter where comforts abound?
What city of refuge will offer a place
That sin cannot enter the soul to disgrace?
Nowhere, nowhere do we behold
On earth such a city of blessings untold.
How blissful the rest in that city so fair,
Where, dwelling with Jesus, the soul has no care!
The sounding of harps in those mansions above
Do bid the soul welcome in heavenly love.
Rest, rest, rest, rest, heavenly rest,
I long to embrace thee to be with the blest.
So leave this poor earth if that home thou wouldst see,
The home of the sainted from sorrow made free.
Jerusalem city resplendent in gold,
Wilt thou to the soul all thy beauties unfold?
Truly, truly, Thou art the goal,
Where rest is the portion of ev'ry pure soul!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)