The Prodigal's Return
Ira David Sankey
A. H. M.
Afflictions, tho' they seem severe,
In mercy oft are sent;
They stopped the prodigal's career,
And caused him to repent.
"What have I gained by sin," he said,
"But hunger, shame, and fear?
My father's house abounds in bread,
While I am starving here!"
"I'll go and tell him all I've done;
Fall down before his face,
Unworthy to be call his son.
I'll seek a servant's place."
His father saw him coming back;
He saw, he ran, he smiled,
And threw his arms around the neck
Of his rebellious child!
"O father, I have sinned– forgive!"
"Enough," the father said,
"Rejoice, my house; my son's alive
For whom I mourned as dead!"
'Tis thus the Lord His love reveals,
To call poor sinners home;
More than a father's love He feels
And welcomes all that come.
"I'll not die here for bread,
I'll not die here for bread," he cries;
"Nor starve in foreign lands;
My father's house has large supplies
And bounteous are his hands."
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)