We Plough The Fields, And Scatter
Johann Abraham Peter Schultz
A. H. M.
Dresden. 7. 6. 7. 6. D. With Refrain
Translated by Jane M. Campbell, 1861 (1817-1878)
We plough the fields and scatter
The good seed on the land,
But it is fed and watered
By God's almighty Hand;
He sends the snow in winter,
The warmth to swell the grain,
The breezes and the sunshine,
And soft, refreshing rain.
He only is the Maker
Of all things near and far;
He paints the wayside flower,
He lights the evening star;
the winds and waves obey Him,
By Him the birds are fed;
Much more to us, His children,
He gives our daily bread.
We thank Thee, then, O Father,
For all things bright and good,
The seedtime and the harvest,
Our life, our health, our food;
No gifts have we to offer,
For all Thy love imparts,
But that which Thou desirest,
Our humble, thankful hearts.
All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heav'n above;
Then thank the Lord, O thank the Lord
For all His love.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)