Yea, As I Live, Jehovah Saith
A. H. M.
Text from Ezekiel 33:11
Translated by Matthias Loy, 1880
St. Luke. L. M.
Yea, as I live, Jehovah saith,
I would not have the sinner's death,
But that he turn from error's ways,
Repent, and live through endless days.
To us therefore Christ gave command:
"Go forth and preach in ev'ry land;
Bestow on all My pard'ning grace
Who will repent and mend their ways.
"All those whose sins ye shall remit
I truly pardon and acquit,
And those whose sins ye do retain
Condemned and guilty shall remain.
What ye shall bind, that bound shall be;
What ye shall loose, that shall be free;
Unto My church the keys are giv'n
To ope and close the gates of heav'n."
The words which absolution give
Are His Who died that we might live;
The minister whom Christ hath sent
Is but His humble instrument.
When elders, true, lay on their hands,
Absolved by Christ, the member stands;
He who by grace the Word believes
The purchase of His blood receives.
All praise, eternal Son, to Thee
For absolution full and free,
In which Thou showest forth Thy grace;
From false indulgence guard our race.
Praise God, the Father, and the Son,
The Holy Spirit, Three in One,
As 'twas, is now, and so shall be
World without end, eternally!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)