Light Of The World - 2
Laura Ormiston Dibdin Chant
Charles Henry Purday
Light of the world! Faint were our weary feet
With wand'ring far;
But Thou didst come, our lonely hearts to greet,
Our Morning Star;
And Thou didst bid us lift our gaze on high,
And see the glory of the glowing sky.
In days long past we missed our homeward way,
We could not see;
Blind were our eyes, our feet were bound to stray—
How blind to Thee!
But Thou didst pity, Lord, our gloomy plight,
And Thou didst touch our eyes and give them sight.
Where is death's sting, where, grave, thy victory,
Where all the pain,
Now that thy King the veil that hung o'er thee
Hath rent in twain?
Light of the world, we hear Thee bid us come
To light and love, in Thine eternal home.
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:43:00)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 19:17:00)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on 2013-07-07 18:51:00)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on 2012-08-19 22:55:11)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on 2012-05-13 23:25:55)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on 2011-01-23 12:58:44)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:20:17)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on 2010-09-26 16:19:08)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on 2010-06-13 21:26:20)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on 2010-06-13 19:10:54)