Johann Anastasius Freylinghausen
A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: None
Who is Lord, like Thee,
Sweet repose for me?
For us sinners Thou wert taken,
Life to bring to the forsaken.
Thou our light shalt be,
Sweet repose for me.
Bridegroom of the soul,
Lamb of God, my All!
I will praise Thy loving kindness,
Which from darkness, sin, and blindness,
Drew me, Lord, to Thee,
Nailed upon the tree.
Life which tasted death,
That from all distress
I, Thy child, might be delivered,
And the chains of death be severed,
Raised sin's heavy load,
Leading me to God.
With Thy gentle mind,
With Thy meekness kind,
Clothe me, heart and mind renewing,
Pride and anger still subduing.
For naught can endure
But Thy image pure.
Make my soul to feel
All Thy Spirit's zeal.
May I watch in pray'r and pleading,
Joyfully Thy face beholding,
Pure and unfeigned love
May my spirit move.
Courage strong give me,
Willing to give Thee
Life and blood and ill possessions,
Hating sin and all transgressions.
Courage brave and true,
Give each day anew.
Here through scorn and strife,
There the crown of life;
Here the hoping and believing,
There the seeing and receiving;
Here we bear disdain,
There the crown we gain.
Jesus grant to me
That I valiantly
Overcome the world's temptations.
For Thy victory and patience
Show how valiantly
Thou hast fought for me.
Thou, O Light sublime,
Chosen ere all time
To bestow on us God's favor,
Wast made flesh to be our Saviour,
In the full of time,
O Thou Light Sublime.
Thou art Victor, Lord,
Over Satan's horde;
All the power of the devil
Is destroyed, and all the evil,
Through that ransom high
For which Thou didst die!
Majesty most high,
King and Prophet, Thy
Scepter here we kiss, believing,
At Thy feet the Truth receiving;
As in Bethany,
Mary learned from Thee.
Draw us close to Thee,
Serving Thee in love unceasing,
Praising Thee with joy increasing;
We abide in Thee.
Wake us, Lord, we pray,
That to Thee our way
We pursue with firm endeavor,
Seeing naught and halting never
In this earthly day,
Further Thou our way!
This hymn doesn't have any comments yet.
You can be the first!
You can be the first!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on Aug 19, 2012)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on May 13, 2012)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on Jan 23, 2011)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on Sep 26, 2010)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on Sep 26, 2010)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on Jun 13, 2010)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on Jun 13, 2010)