Johann Jacob Rambach
Ludwig von Beethoven
A. H. M.
Alternate Zion's Harp Numbers: 28, 93, 186
Great and priestly Mediator,
Sitting on Thy Father's right,
Hosts of servants now defending
In the realm of grace and might.
Who within His sanctuary,
In the royal crown of glory,
Heav'nly multitudes untold
With veiled countenance behold.
Thy great work of our redemption
And atonement is achieved;
All that was to be accomplished
Thou in wisdom hadst conceived,
For us, Lord, Thou didst expire,
Grace and favor to acquire;
With Thy rising from the tomb
Liberty for us shall bloom.
This is now Thy occupation
In that holy sacred place;
Words and powers of salvation
By the gospel of Thy grace,
Give to all those to be sharing
Who are to Thy throne repairing;
Thus are thru Thy loving hand,
Grace and blessings to us sent.
And the names of all the godly
Thou dost bear upon Thy breast;
All who come to Thee believing
In delight shall be caressed.
All the faithful Thou dost cherish,
That not one of them might perish;
In Thy Father's house so fair
Thou their mansion dost prepare.
Thou dost not forget the wretched,
Who still serve the world of sin;
Yea, Thy heart doth break in pity
For the bondage they are in;
That Thy Father may yet spare them,
In His mercy still forbear them,
That their hearts he yet might turn,
Ah, for this Thou, Lord, dost yearn!
When Thou here in flesh didst sojourn
And our sins upon Thee lay,
Thou didst turn unto Thy Father;
For the sinners Thou didst pray,
Both with weeping and with sighing,
For the sinners' pardon crying,
Oh, in what humility
Then arose Thy fervent plea!
Now thy eloquent petitions
Are supported by Thy might,
As Thou in Thy heavenly glory
Sittest at Thy Father's right;
Now, though Satan may accuse us,
Pardon Thou wilt not refuse us;
For Thy blood for us was split,
And this blood removed our guilt.
Precious Saviour, we commend Thee,
That in this, Thy sacred place
Thou hast shown such untold mercy;
We bring honor, thanks and praise.
Do Thou still make intercession
When we offer our petition;
Lead us by Thy faithful hand
Till we reach our Fatherland!
This hymn doesn't have any comments yet.
You can be the first!
You can be the first!
The last 10 hymns uploaded.
- # 1 - Abide With Me 3 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 2 - Jesus, Rose Of Sharon 3 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 3 - Come, Thou Almighty King 2 (uploaded on Jul 07, 2013)
- # 4 - The Broken Heart 2 (uploaded on Aug 20, 2012)
- # 5 - Holy Spirit, Teacher Thou (uploaded on May 14, 2012)
- # 6 - Beneath The Shadow Of The Cross (uploaded on Jan 23, 2011)
- # 7 - All People That On Earth (uploaded on Sep 26, 2010)
- # 8 - The Wondrous Gift (uploaded on Sep 26, 2010)
- # 9 - Deeper Yet (uploaded on Jun 14, 2010)
- #10 - Great God Of Wonders (uploaded on Jun 13, 2010)